Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm still alive

Greetings, one and all.

I have power tonight. Being in the dark really had me down, down, down... It's the total disruption of our everyday lives that can get to us. To me.  No power, no water, no food...
it reminds you how others live on a daily basis and you wonder how they keep their humanity. I prayed for mine, over and over, during the darkness and while listening to the hum of the neighbor's generator, the only one on the block.

If anyone is reading, I am here, praying that the lights stay on this time. This is the 4th largest city in America and we are still mostly without power. 

Hurricane Ike kicked our collective ass. I'll be pitching in tomorrow to maintain humanity and help those who didn't need it a week ago and those who need help more than ever.

-La Sandra

No comments: