Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

I'm thankful for my health and grateful that I have avoided serious injury or illness. It's not the pain and suffering that scares me. It's the financial ruin that would be sure to follow because I don't have health insurance. I'm hopeful that this is the last Thanksgiving that many of us will be in this predicament.

I'm grateful for my family and my baby niece, Avery. She is the blessing we've prayed for in our family and I'm so happy that I get to teach her everything I know. She already likes to test her vocal chords and loves watching football like her favorite tia.

I am thankful that Barack Obama is our President, that we have a great chance at electing a Democrat to statewide office in Texas,  and that I have a job to look forward to in the new year. I am hopeful that you find a job, too, if you're looking.

No comments: