Thursday, December 3, 2009

A tribute to Steven Andrew Martinez


This is my friend Steven, who we lovingly called "Little Stevie." He was the baby of the Ed Gonzalez Campaign family. Today, Stevie is being called home to God. I last spoke to him right after my birthday and I miss him so much.

There are no good reasons why the life of a strong young person like Stevie should end so suddenly. While Stevie was pouring his heart into life, his strong beautiful heart was under attack by undetected stage 4 lymphoma. It just doesn't make sense.

I will remember him for the loving, joyful and happy boy who saw the good in everyone, who refused to have enemies and always tried, tried again after setbacks in his young life. He will always live in my heart and I will honor my little baby, my angel, Steven Andrew Martinez as long as I live.

No comments: