Sunday, October 11, 2009

Something bit me

I don't know what the hell it was, but Friday morning I woke up wretchedly, to be exact, and I called out to God to help me. I was sick. Maybe it was the food at Tecate or the skunky beer-on-tap at the Harp. Or, maybe it was a 24-hour bug that takes 48 hours of recovery. In any case, I lucked out. It's not the flu and it was nothing I needed to sit at the ER for.

I don't know whether or not I should get either of the flu shots. I joked to a friend that I want to get sick because it's great for the waist line. But after Friday, I changed my mind. I have had the flu before - at least twice that I can remember. The H1N1 is no joke -- it has already hit hard and close to home. So I will resist the pig jokes but will reconsider all things pork-related because I'm just a little grossed out right now.

I've been taking my vitamins, my allergy medicine, washing my hands and using the sanitizer like a crazy person. Everything gets sprayed down with Lysol. I can't afford to get sick!

This week, I'm taking on a new challenge. It's not going to be easy but I am ready to work and get this done. I think the sickness has now gone away so I'm ready to hit the field and turn-out some votes. I'll keep my exact whereabouts undercover, for now. We'll see how long that lasts!

No comments: