Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope you're reading this post in the comfort of your festively decorated homes and with the people you love.

I'm in my apartment... stressing the season. Yes, I know this is supposed to be a joyous occasion and we're supposed to be buying, shopping and spending for family and friends but I am tempted to turn off the damn TV, leave the radio off and stay of the internets because for me, Virginia, there ain't no Santa Claus.

There is no job, no money and nothing really for me to celebrate other than the end of the Christmas commercials advertising Lexuses and jewelry and other crap that no one really needs but is offered, anyway, hoping there's someone out there who can still afford to buy it.

I need a damn job. I need to work. I mistakenly believed that working for elected officials and others who asked for my help would turn into some type of offer or a gig after it was all said and done. Nope.

So I hope y'all are having a Merry Christmas. I hope for one, too.

No comments: